This week President Obama used his address to talk about an Executive Order he just signed that takes aim at educational institutions that are taking advantage of military veterans, enrolling them in unnecessary classes and saddling them with debt.
The order will:
- Help Ensure Military and Veteran Students Have the Information They Need
- Keep Bad Actors Off of Military Installations
- Provide Veterans with a Complaint System
- Improve Support Services for Service Members and Veterans
- Provide Students with Better Data on Educational Institutions
- Strengthen Enforcement of Student Protections
The president sounded angry, calling the practices by some of these institutions “disgraceful.” I’m sure there will be Republican backlash against this EO because, well, because. I can just imagine Republicans fighting for the rights of companies to deceive and take advantage of veterans. Liberty!
Previous weekly address here.